Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Mera bachchaaaa!!


Thats the apple of my eye - Arnav! My 7 year old who gives me all the pleasures in the world.
When in his company, I just become another 7 year old and at times - a concerned and worried and 'responsible' dad! Its a sheer pleasure listening to his non stop chatter.
How many things can kids think about at one point of time! He is full of queries like any other child his age and I must say at times, he puts me in a fix. He has already started asking the most uncomfortable questions in the world.
I always keep hunting for analogies and though I pride myself in finding many, i must confess at times, its really tough. "You know this is just like that box of crayons you have..Just the way it has so many colours, same way..umm..aaa...this too.."...and before I could pride myself in finding a perfect analogy and having successfully described a thing he put his finger on, he would come up with another mind boggler!
Kids are always a delight. They take you to a world of excitement, fun and enthusiasm that you for a while forget all your stupid thoughts and laugh out loud! :D

2 comments:

Harjeet Kaur said...

Hey Amit....

Reminds me of my son at that age....he would throw such bouncers at me and i would be foxed...no reply....then i bought the tell me why series to find his answers pertaining to space and galaxy and animals mating and how he was born!! But its great to know you are spending so much time with him.Most parent nowadays are stressed with their work and materialistic goals and miss out on their kids growing up time.I treasure it all and wish that they hadn't grown up and flown the nest!! Savour every moment...its worth its weight in gold!
Keep sharing....
Harjeet

couchpapaya said...

amit - ohhhh he's real cute! was laughing at ur analogies thing, wld love to be a fly on the wall when u explain the birds and bees in terms of crayons lol