Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Of French fries, French sandwiches and French Beard..

If women can play with their hairstyles by keeping a pony tail on Monday, followed by a bun on tuesday and then a free flowing hair on wednesday, there is something only men can do. They can decide which part of their facial lawn they wish to mow down and which part they wish to harvest.

I am amazed to see that there are only a few worthy contenders of being a 'real mard' if you go by Bhawani Shankar (the inimitable Utpal Dutt) of 'Golmaal' who measured the mardangi of a male by the choice he made : To keep or not to keep, that is the question...

Enter the French beard !: I decided one fine day to flaunt a french beard. Okay, the shaving cream went all the way along the cheeks and the chin was spared. With the diligence of a saloon barber, I maneuvered the razor and as the little bunch of hair lay there after the mission was over, I just glanced at myself in the mirror. "Wow! not bad.." - I told myself. But the first approval had to come from someone who was to bear the pricks in some ways ;) So, I gingerly went to wifey and asked : "So..how do I look?" Contrary to what I had expected, she gave an admiring look and said : "Good!".

I needed no further approval. I felt as if my visa for my foreign tour had been stamped. :)

12 comments:

Harjeet Kaur said...

Men can play along with their beards and hairstyles, we women cant sport even a teeny weeny upper lip down so I think you have more choices in this department:)
I knew it would look good on you....and you proved me right!! A goatee and a trim tummy....so wats next Amit?? Not body art I hope!!!

Smita said...

wah! kya baat hai, good lage rahe ho :) vaise bhi aapko supreme court se approval to mil hi gaya ;-)

What does the kiddo court say about it???

Amit said...

Harjeet:)

Well, women can try many more things than men can ever dream of!

Now what?? How about six pack abs?

Amit said...

Smita..Patil..Nahin nahin..Thackeray...Nahin..Nahin...Smita..Saxena ji!

Thankew hai ji:)

Well, the kiddo was once noticing me go through my shaving round...After I had finished, I just turned over and asked him - "So, how am I looking?" hoping he would comment on how he found my frenchie..

Guess wat he replied ..He said- "Hmmm..Papa, you forgot to shave around your chin"!

He always keeps telling me he hates facial hair and he wont sport it himself once he grows up :)

WhatsInAName said...

lol.. actually it does suit you.. and good that you got your visa stamped :D
but seriously I think its an effort to maintain moush and beards! I mean think of symmetry and how careful you need to be! lol
lage raho!

Rohit Sharma said...

exMaaf Kijiye, but kuch jami nahin.
Its not looking kool on you.
I was imagining you till I saw the pic myself and Gosh - its not that great.
Dont mind but take it off ASAP.
You look better without anyday.

Plus Arnie will be more happy without it :)

couchpapaya said...

:) i think it looks good too. looking randomly at the comments the sole dissenter is a male. pshaw! what do men know anyway :D now, how abt shoulder length hair to complete the look ;)

ps. do u mind not using my *real* name here .... P will do fine (in case ur tempted to come up with some hideous name :(( )

Amit said...

whatsinaname:

yep..you bet it is...I am finding it hard to maintain this get up...Its tougher than just shaving off...would take longer than normal...

Visa ke bagair marna hai kya mujhe!?

Rohit:
There comes the dampener...:( No issues, ghar ki fasal hai..kabhi uga lenge, kabhi hata denge..:)

P:
I know, I wanted him to like it more than anyone else..But then..

No issues P..I will take care on what to call you...P is fine for now until I can think of something better!

twistedfundas said...

french fries se french beard tak..
well change is good.. aur phir kaha na ghar kee kheti.. though not as polished as i thought

Unknown said...

looking good..
just came across ur blog and found it interesting...

will add it to my reading list..!!

Amit said...

insane:)

Hey please lemme know your name..it seems rude to call you that!

Thanks a ton for the visit! I am blessed

Cheers
Amit:)

Mama - Mia said...

good job!! :D

cheers!

abha